how to create,rename,format a document on google docs
1) Open drive.google.com and log on.
2) From Google Drive main screen: Click the New button on the left side of the screen. You will see different formats to choose from. Pick Google Docs.
3) From Google Docs main screen: Click the “+” icon.
4) A blank document will appear (see screenshot, below). You can start typing right away.
5) To change the name of the document, click the default “untitled” name at the top of the screen.
The document in now ready for you to add text, pictures and other elements. You can type some text to get started. There is no “save” function-Docs auto-saves as you type.
To close the document and return to the Google Docs home screen, tap the blue icon with white lines in the upper left corner.
1) Open the Google Docs app.
2) Click the large “+” icon.
3) Enter a name for the document.
You can now begin typing or adding other elements to the file. To close the document and return to the Google Docs home screen, tap the blue icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
How to rename a document Browser/Chromebook :
To rename a document while it’s open, simply double-click the existing title, and enter a new name.
A document can also be renamed by clicking the More icon from the Google Docs home screen, or by selecting the file in Google Drive and then clicking the More icon or right-clicking and selecting rename.
From the Google Docs home screen, tap the more icon next to the file in question and select Rename
How to format a document :
The following section covers formatting for Google Docs in a browser or Chromebook. Because formatting options in the Google Docs mobile app are very limited, I advise switching to a browser or Chromebook to format a document.
If you’ve used Microsoft Word or formatted email with Outlook or a Web-based email program such as Yahoo Mail or Gmail, most of the menu selections and buttons in the Docs toolbar (shown below) will look familiar:
The Print icon should be self-explanatory. Other toolbar formatting buttons include:
- Paragraph styles. Besides Normal Text, a limited number of heading styles are available.
- Fonts. You can choose from about a dozen serif, sans-serif and special fonts and change the size.
- Font decoration. Bold/underline/italics can be activated with buttons, as well as text color ( the underlined letter a) and background color.
- Text alignment. Indentation, centered text, flush right.
- Internal/External Links. The chain icon lets you add URLs to selected text, as well as links to internal bookmarks (which can be placed using the Insert>Bookmark command).
Additional formatting options are available via the Format menu.
If You Want To Respond,Please Send Me An Mail
My Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org